Page Manager Overview
Foundry's Page Manager allows users to customize not only their account but their subaccounts too. If you do not already have the Page Manager item in your side menu (As seen in the image below) you can use the link https://[env].thinglogix.com/#!/pageManager where [env] is either dev, qa, or prod.
Once Navigated to the Page Manager using either your menu item or the link provided in the previous section. The page should look something like this.
Getting an Understanding of the Page Manager
The Navigation menu is where you control what is visible and the order on the side menu.
Menu Item Details
Menu Item: Puts the page in a submenu on the side menu like Tools, Asset Managment, and Setup above.
Page Name: Name of the page like Search or MQTT above.
URL: Use the dropdown to pick the page you are creating. We will go more into this later.
User Role: This dropdown is used to control what users can will be able to view the menu item.
- Admin: Only Visible to Admin Users.
- User: Visible to Admins and Normal Users
- View Only: Visible to all User types
Adding Your First Basic Page
In this example, we'll be showing how to add the Auto Provisioning page to the side menu. In this example, the page will be in sub-menu called tools and adding an icon.
Once you save the page. Your side menu should look close to this. (The Certificates page we had previously added)
Adding Your First Advanced Page
Advanced Pages can contain Saved Searches, Device Types, Visualization Dashboards, iFrames, and more. The most common requested out the options is Saved Searches and Device Types so for this example I'll be showing how to add a saved search to your menu.
Step 1: Creating Your Saved Search
- Navigate to Foundry's Advanced Search Manager Page. If you have not already added this to your menu, we highly recommend it. The URL is /advancedSearchManagerNew.
- Customize your search criteria and finally click the "Search" button. In this example, I'm using a search where the DeviceType == Thermostat and the Temperature > 90.
- Before saving the search, using the button in the upper right of the table add the columns you would like to see in your custom page. In this example, I've only added the column temperature.
- Now using the button at the bottom of the page save the search and give it a name. For this example, I chose "Temp > 90".
Step 2: Creating the Page
1. Navigate back to the Page Manager.
2. While creating the page in Menu Item Details, the URL you will select is Custom Internal URL. For the other options:
- Custom Internal URL: AdvancedSearchNew
- Search Type: Saved Search
- Search: Temp > 90
- Show Action: True (Use True if you want to be able to invoke Global Actions from this page)
3. Once finished select "Create Page."
Customizing Pages for Subaccounts
In the Page Manager, you are also able to customize what is only the side menu for subaccounts. To do this click on the "Configure page for Sub-Account" button in the upper left of the page, select the account and then edit, delete, or add menu items like you normally would in page manager.