Use Case: User has a CSV file that they want to drop in an S3 Bucket, and have the data in the file published to MQTT.
Download the .zip file attached to this article
Create a new Lambda Function
Upload the Zip file and set the environmental variables
There are two environmental variable that need to be set:
- COMPLETE_BUCKET - this is the name of the S3 bucket that you want the CSV files to be moved to once they have been successfully processed.
- TOPIC - this is the topic that you want the data to be published on. the last part of the topic in the brackets (i.e. ''), is a list of potential column headers that would provide the unique identifier for a specific device.
Configure the S3 Bucket
We need to create a "hot" folder (i.e. "bucket"), that will process any file that is added to the bucket.
- click on any bucket and click the "properties" tab.
- The click the "Events" tile
- the click the Add Notifications. Set the "suffix" to "csv" and
send to = "lambda Function" and the find the lambda function that you just created